From Call of War Wiki
Revision as of 10:18, 18 December 2020 by User
The main goal of Call of War is to gather Victory Points by conquering other nation’s provinces. Once the Victory Points threshold has been reached and the next game day starts, the game round will end. The player or coalition with the most Victory Points wins.
- When the Victory Points threshold is exceeded, the game round will end at the next day change event.
- The player or coalition with the most Victory Points is declared the winner.
- All active players or coalitions will receive gold payouts at the end of the game. The amount of these payouts depends on the achieved placing at the end.
- There are also other ways of winning the game (see sections below)
Call of War is not over just because the game round is over! No matter if you win or lose, you can always join new game rounds and play many different countries in a variety of scenarios. Check out the games list to join new game rounds!
Victory Points threshold
The amount of Victory Points needed to win the game can differ for each scenario. The threshold also differs for coalitions and solo players (meaning players who are not in a coalition). The information on how many Victory Points are needed in your current game round, as well as other useful information, can be found in the Newspaper:
- In the newspaper, the victory threshold for a solo victory is displayed above the ranking list. (note: the threshold for a coalition victory will be added at a later point)
- In the solo ranking list you can check the current standings of yourself and other players, together with their current amount of victory points. (note: the coalition ranking will be added at a later point)
- You can toggle between the Index of Nations, which shows the solo ranking, and the Index of Coalitions, which shows the coalition ranking.
- The ranking list shows either the solo ranking or the coalition ranking, together with the current victory points for each player or coalition.
- The victory threshold for a solo victory or a coalition victory (depending on your selected tab) is shown here.
- In the Game Info tab the victory threshold for a solo victory or coalition victory is listed as well, together with information on the game end date and the time until the next day change.
All game rounds have a fixed maximum run time that depends on the map size:
- Small maps: 35 days
- Medium maps: 49 days
- Big maps: 70 days
When the game ends via timeout the ranking at that moment in time is taken to determine the final placings, with the leading player or coalition being declared the winner (whichever has more points).
It is only natural that over the course of the game some players may drop out and become inactive. Those players will then be controlled by AI (computer players) which still pose a challenge. However some players may prefer to only play real humans and end inactive game rounds prematurely.
If for some reason most other active players dropped out and only 3 active players remain, they can mutually agree to retire the game round. If such a situation arises an article and a retire button automatically appear in the Newspaper. All 3 remaining players must press the retire button to confirm that they wish to end the game round prematurely.
Once all 3 players have confirmed, the ranking at that moment in time is taken to determine the final placings, with the leading player or coalition being declared the winner (whichever has more points).
If a player succeeds in conquering the necessary amount of Control Points, a timer appears for all players notifying them about the imminent end of the game. Players still have the chance to cancel the timer by capturing Control Points from the leading player.
Coalitions are not allowed in Dominion games, so only a solo player can win a Dominion game.
Dominion games are marked accordingly in the games list.
The amount of gold that players receive depends on their placing at the end of the game. On most maps not only winners receive gold, but all players who remained active in the game round until the end. The list of rewards for your current game round can be found in the Rewards tab Newspaper (currently only on Desktop).
- In the Rewards tab in the newspaper the rewards for this game round can be found.
- The rewards are listed for each placing at the end of the game.